Camping on Cockatoo Island is a unique experience, however we have limited space and always take care of the surrounding environment. Accordingly we have the following conditions:
- Check-in from 12:00pm to 6:00pm and check-out is by 10:00am.
- Please advise Camping Site Office on (02) 8898 9774 if you are arriving after 6:00pm.
- There is a maximum number of; 4 people per BYO Sites, 4 people per Camping site and 2 people per Glamping site.
- Sites are allocated on the morning of your arrival and are unpowered.
- We do not reserve actual sites, and sites are allocated on a ífirst come/ first servedí basis.
- No electricity access will be available in the camping area, however, limited charging points are available in some of the toilet blocks located near by.
- Sites are 4 meters x 4 metres. If your tent footprint, including pegs and ropes, exceeds these dimensions you will need to book one or more additional sites.
- For BYO tents, please use only small sand pegs or small aluminium pegs no longer than 375mm, which must be hammered all the way into the ground.
- If booking as a group, please indicate this on your form. While all attempts will be made to accommodate groups together, this is not guaranteed.
- BYO torch (we have a limited supply for purchase / hire).
- A full list of equipment and perishables available to hire and buy will be available, on the festival website, closer to the event.
- Events during the festival can finish around 2am, as a result, it is advised that ear plugs may be required for light sleepers (a limited number will be available for purchase on the island).
Payment / Booking
- Maximum stay is 5 days / 5 nights.
- Reservations available now. Book your Camping or Glamping Site or Package here.
- Reservations must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- No refunds or cancellations to camping reservations.
- No extensions on rain checks or vouchers. No changes on the day of arrival.
Food & Beverage
- Alcohol may not be brought onto the island, but may be purchased from the Island’s venues.
- Small Iceboxes or Esky’s are permitted on the island to carry in perishable food.
- NO cooking other than at the campground kitchen or island barbeques is permitted.
- NO portable barbecues, compressed or liquid fuel.
- Catering options / packs will be available to purchase and pre-order.
- All F&B options on the island will be made available closer to the event.
- NO glass in camping area.
- There will be extra bins provided for waste removal during the event please ensure they are used. Please recycle where possible.
- There is ice available to purchase on the island.
- All bags will be checked upon arrival to the island.
- All campers will be required to wear identifiable wristbands and display their tent tag clearly.
- The island has 24-hour security but you are urged not to leave valuables unattended.
- You are advised to bring a small padlock for your tent or to keep valuables with you at all times.
- Lock / Keys for tents are the owners responsibility (no liability will be taken for lost keys). There will be locks available for purchase.
- Animals (except guide dogs) are not permitted.
- There is no ATM on the island. Payments can be made by EFTPOS.
- Do not enter construction areas.
- No skateboarding, inline skating or roller blading.
- No climbing on cliffs or historic structures.
- No fishing from the island.
- No swimming outside the designated areas.
- All transport to the island is by ferry.
- For scheduled times and information please click here.
- Cost of transport is not included in the site ticket price, however can be purchased at ferry ’Checkout’.
- Cockatoo Island has wheelchair access and disabled toilet facilities. All areas of the campsite are wheelchair accessible, though keep in mind that the island is an industrial heritage site so some of the surfaces are uneven.
- For more information on current conditions, please talk to the island Visitor Information Centre team when you arrive, or contact the Camping Site Office on (02) 8898 9774.